Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Emergency? Call 9-1-1

Non-Emergency? Call 1 (866) 876-5423

Obtaining Reports for Insurance

Decrease Text Size Default Text Size Increase Text Size |
Print Link

Law firms/insurance companies

Law firms and insurance companies seeking copies of motor vehicle collision reports, self-reporting accident reports and/or general occurrence reports must submit a written request letter via mail, providing sufficient information concerning the report including:

  • Accident or incident number
  • Date
  • Location
  • Attending officer's name and badge number
  • Name of person involved

The request must also include a valid email address and fax number for correspondence, along with the appropriate fee, including HST, paid in full. Cheques are payable to "York Regional Police" and should be mailed to:

York Regional Police
47 Don Hillock Drive 
Aurora, ON L4G 0S7

For individuals

If you have been involved in a collision and require a copy of the Motor Vehicle Collision or Self-Reporting Accident Report, attend the York Regional Police Collison Reporting Centre at 10720 Yonge Street in Richmond Hill to pick up a copy of the report. Be prepared to present one piece of valid identification and pay the applicable fee.

Please note: York Regional Police does not accept health cards or SIN cards as pieces of valid identification.

How do I pick up a report for someone else?

To pick up a copy of a motor vehicle collision report on behalf of the person involved in the collision, you must have written authorization from the person involved, along with a copy of that person's identification. Applicable fees apply.

Contact the Customer Service Unit and Collision Reporting Centre

10720 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill, ON
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Questions about obtaining a report? Contact us at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7878 or email