Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Emergency? Call 9-1-1

Non-Emergency? Call 1 (866) 876-5423


Decrease Text Size Default Text Size Increase Text Size |
Print Link

Submitting a request

To obtain copies of motor vehicle collision reports, self-reporting accident reports and/or general occurrence reports for proof of loss, members of the public may attend the Customer Service Unit at 10720 Yonge St., Richmond Hill. There, individuals can make a request in writing by completing the Motor Vehicle Collision and General Occurrence Report Request form.

Applicants must present one piece of valid photo identification and pay the applicable fee.

Please note: York Regional Police cannot accept health cards or SIN cards as pieces of valid identification.

Requesting a report on behalf of someone else

To request a copy of a motor-vehicle collision report, self-reporting accident report and/or general occurrence report on behalf of the person involved, the involved party must complete the Motor Vehicle Collision and General Occurrence Report Request form and provide a copy of valid government photo identification. 

The report will be released to the person involved by mail or email. Fees are applicable.

Contact us

Open by appointment only
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday: Closed

Questions about obtaining a report? Contact us at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7878 or email