Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Emergency? Call 9-1-1

Non-Emergency? Call 1 (866) 876-5423

Online Reporting

Decrease Text Size Default Text Size Increase Text Size |
Print Link

Reporting crime online 

If you've been the victim of a crime, or witnessed a crime in York Region, York Regional Police needs to know about it right away. With your help, we can bring criminals to justice and reduce the impact of crime in our communities. 

Continue to report a crime online.

Reporting a sexual assault online

York Regional Police understands that while sexual assaults often cause long-lasting trauma, survivors may have difficulty speaking about incidents with friends, family members, or police officers. To help mitigate the challenges faced by sexual assault survivors, York Regional Police now accepts reports of historical sexual assaults online, which are received directly by qualified sexual assault investigators. 

Learn more about reporting a sexual assault online.

Reporting a motor vehicle collision

If you've been involved in a motor vehicle collision in Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King Township, Newmarket, Markham or Whitchurch-Stouffville, you may be able to report the collision online.

Learn more about reporting a collision online.

Reporting aggressive drivers/Filing a road watch complaint

Road Watch is a community-driven program that gives you the opportunity to report dangerous and aggressive drivers to York Regional Police.

Learn more about filing a Road Watch complaint.

Reporting a community concern

York Regional Police encourages citizens to report public safety concerns or any ongoing activity that is detracting from the enjoyment of their community.

Learn more about reporting a community concern.

Reporting lost property

York Regional Police accepts reports of lost property with the hope of returning lost items to their rightful owners. Identification, official documents, immigration documents and passports lost in York Region can also be reported to police.

Learn more about reporting lost property.